After meeting all the requirements, follow these steps to perform Android full backup using Android SDK tool. Similarly, if you store your contacts in the cloud, there is usually no need to back them up again.
- This SmartPhone Flash tool is compatible with both the 32-bit as well as 64-bit Windows and Linux OS.
- It is available for the public to flash firmware on MediaTek devices.
- If yes where can I find the guides to perform all of the above mentioned steps.
- In TWRP recover, select Backup/Restore option, choose backup file and swipe to confirm (this will wipe your phone, so backup whole data you have on the phone).
- Apps like Kingroot will automatically root your device with one click and that’s an easy way of rooting.
The step-by-step instructions for using the TWRP app to install TWRP on https://www.bubblelush.co.uk/unlock-the-full-potential-of-your-sm-g550t1-device/ your device can be found in this section. It’s possible 95% of the time because most custom ROMs have no installation errors. But if any error occurs, don’t worry it’s part of this process. In simple words, wiping your Android device means to completely erase or remove all the data files on the device excluding the OS files. After wiping, your device’s settings is set to the default built in settings that the manufacturer has put into the device when it’s being manufactured.
- There are more custom recoveries like CWM but they don’t work as well.
- Installing TWRP on your Android device without a PC is a convenient and easy process.
- This will save your contacts, calendar events, app data, and other important data to your Google account.
- The development team focused on bringing a polished and refined experience while using minimum resources.
- Next, connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable (without battery – if the battery is removable) and press volume up or volume down button at the same time.
- Low storage space in your device hampers the smooth operation as well as prevents downloading or updating latest software.
All you got to do is just wait for a while as the system will take the backup of your device. Remember to name your backups with important information like date and partitions included. A full backup is anything that will restore your system state to when you made the backup. In Linux, I hope you know how to locate and cd to the parent directory of the adb command. This will open a command prompt (your window will look different than mine).
You can refer to our guide on finding the right Gapps package and download one that’s appropriate for you. Download and transfer it to your phone’s internal storage. You can also install them right from your PC/Mac if you opt for the adb sideload method. Once you’ve found the ROM you want to install, download the ZIP file either on your computer or on your phone. Since you will need to data wipe your phone in some of the later steps, it’s advisable to do the file transfer later on, after the data wipe. But make sure that your phone can connect to your computer and can receive files, just to be clear that your device drivers are in place.